Sunday, August 22, 2021

Cycle tour to Marble






 Dave Lyons Tucker Carlson and I had planned this for sometime. It was going to be a training trip for last year’s Trans Am that was postponed. Dave was responsible for my new Shirley.


We agreed to meet at the Village Smithy with Mary and I having had breakfast before setting off through Carbondale and up to Marble. Mary set off on her bike back to Snowmass having had a very good breakfast with me and the three of us headed in the opposite direction.

Beautiful ride up the Crystal River Highway 133 and then to Marble where we camped for the night after a very good barbecue dinner at the local restaurant.

It was cold and we were up early. Set off back to Carbondale with a very good breakfast at the Redstone Inn on the way. And then back to Snowmass on the Rio Grande trail although I cheated by having Mary pick me up at the intercept Lot at the bottom of brush Creek Road.



No comments: