Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Final Munro party

 60 or so family and friends gathered at the Duke of Gordon Hotel, Kingussie on July 29, after two previous postponements due to Covid. Meghan produced a lovely video of the 2 days, the link to which I'll try to attach here. It includes the 2 week family reunion we had with the family in Braemar thereafter.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mxmFoHy-0Y

Meall Chuach was the 282nd and final Munro for me and what an occasion. Piped to the top even, by  courtesy  and generosity of M, D and J.

A pre dinner reception, a  good dinner - smoked salmon, venison, and raspberry pie with plenteous supply of wine ( ordered by me through Wine Soc ) - , speeches (John Foster proposed my health and I replied) followed by a ceilidh till near midnight. Much reference to AWR and his climbing diaries whose portrait Ros brought up from Aberdeen. I presented Cormac with his membership card for a life membership of NTS promising the same to the other grandchildren in due course.

We all disbursed after breakfast on the Sunday morning. Generally I felt it to have been a huge success after months if not years of planning. 

Now on to the Corbetts !

















No comments: