Sunday, May 13, 2018

Scotland - first trip

This was the weekend I had booked a month ago when I heard the news of Barbara's terminal illness. I had arranged to go back for 4 days only and take Barbara and Bill to the Crieff Hydro Hotel for a good farewell visit.  We'd have played chess, drunk some good wine and shared a few laughs. Sadly it wsn't to be. She had a major stroke and died days before I was due to fly.

I decided anyway to make the visit, see Bill , my sister Ros who was holidaying with her family close to Edinburgh, and make the most of the Crieff Hydro booking by taking Jane , Johannes and Anna there.

Following morning, drove Jane and Anna for a train in Perth, and I drove to Dolphinton for an evening and night with the Colemans. Early departure from Edin airport the next morning.

Sad as the circumstances were, it was a wonderful trip and I was back on the Monday morning to work out the last 4 days of the season and my 2017/18 seasonal employment. The Thursday afternoon, I set off again for Scotland for the funeral, this time with Mary, but I'll post separately on that trip.

Had a lovely evening with the Butters at Moray Place, a pleasant walk from where I was staying in Inverleith Place

Anna comfortably asleep on the deck at Crieff hydro while we had lunch

Jane and I had a brisk walk above the Sma' Glen - gave good appetite for dinner

Anna about to " go climbing"

Colemans ( less Jeremy ) at Dolphinton

All the Colemans plus Tim's girlfriend



No comments: